Creating and Updating Codes and Guidelines
- Help major journalism associations write entire codes of ethics, such as the Canadian Association of Journalism, when I was founding chair of their ethics committee.
- Help major journalism associations amend and update their code of ethics, such as the on-going update of the code for the Society of Professional Journalists, http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp
- Assist online media organizations develop their first ethics guidelines, such as the on-going project of the Online News Association in the USA, http://journalists.org/resources/build-your-own-ethics-code/
- Creator and chair of awards for quality, responsible journalism, such as the Shadid Ethics Award, https://ethics.journalism.wisc.edu/anthoshadid-ethics-award/
- Develop ethical guidelines for new forms of journalism, such as non-profit investigative journalism, http://www.journalismethics.info/2010_roundtable_report_27april.pdf